Friday, December 16, 2016

Friday Funday - Start lifting young!


So today is Friday and I am about to head into the gym for my heavy workout. Before I do so, however, I wanted to share a few pictures from this year. I have found that lifting regularly has not only improved my strength, but it has rubbed off on my kids as well. Just look at the photos and the videos and try not to laugh, I dare ya!

This first video I took while my kid wasn't watching me. Apparently he thought he could get away with some "deadlifts" while I was doing my own set...


Teagan is my coach- a bit on the sassy side though. Always telling me he can lift the same thing I do, only he can do it easier...
Connor is gearing up...

He likes to show me the "right form"
Good lifting form is no joke. No quarter squats here!



Connor is a bit less critical of me... but gets into trouble if I don't watch him carefully...
 
Connor is focusing hard for his next lift...
 This video is so fun for me. In it, I catch Connor trying to lift weights again. I try to ask who said he was allowed to lift weights, and he literally tries to blame his mother and brothers. It's a bit hard to understand him as he wasn't quite 2 years old when this was taken, but it is super funny! In the end, he says he just wants to be like daddy.
Setting a good example for your kids comes back to you in many ways. One of the benefits is now that I know my kids are watching me carefully, it keeps my motivation levels up. In this pic I had finally reached 20 inches for my bicep measurement- something I had never, ever done before.

That's it for this week... until next time- Happy lifting! (And have some fun too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment