Saturday, February 2, 2013

Week 4 done!

Week four was great!  I increased my working loads quite a bit over last week.  I added an additional exercise for my chest, back, shoulders, biceps, and triceps.  I also started supersetting my supplementary leg exercises together as well as my lower back and ab exercises.  Now that I am done with my foundation portion, I am starting to increase the working load.  Large muscle groups like the legs, chest, and back will have four exercises composed of three to four sets of 6-12 reps.  (Resting 60 seconds or less between sets).  Smaller muscle groups like the shoulders, biceps, and triceps will consist of three exercises of three to four sets with 6-12 reps in a set.  (Again resting 60 seconds or less between sets.)  You can compare week 4's routine against the other three previous weeks here.

I have also take some Progress photos.  I plan on taking a set of pics every four weeks over the course of the program.  A word of warning before you look at the pics- I am blindingly white.  My skin does not tan, it only adds freckles... so you may want a pair of shades before you take a peek...  As this marks the end of week four, I have updated the fitness goals page with new measurements as well.  You will notice that over the last few weeks I have dropped my waist size considerably.

Also, if you haven't done so already, check out this video if you need some additional motivation to reach your own Steel Dad goals!

For those of you asking what supplements I am currently using, here you go:
     Men's Daily Multivitam - Berkley & Jensen.  1 capsule with breakfast.
     Glucosamine + CSA - Optimum Nutrition.  1 capsule with breakfats, and 1 with dinner.
     ZMA with Theanine - True Athlete.  Three capsules abt 30 mins before bedtime.
     Fish oil - Shopko Naturals 1 capsule with breakfast, and 1 with dinner.
     100% Gold Standard Whey - Optimum Nutrition.  1 scoop with breakfast, and 1 post workout.
     Cinnamon Roll Protein Bar - Quest Bars.  1 bar at mid morning and 1 more mid-afternoon.
     Monster Amino - Cyto Sport.  1 scoop pre workout.

No comments:

Post a Comment