Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Logs Updated for Weeks 5 & 6

I apologize for not updating my logs on Saturday, like I normally do.  To be honest, we decided to take a last minute vacation for the three day weekend.  Here is a pic I took on Sunday morning from the balcony of the apartment we stayed in:




You will notice this week, when I publish Week 7's exercise logs that I "missed" Monday's workout.  However, I submit that every once in a while, it is okay to substitute other activities for your normal workout.  I am, after all, trying to become a Steel Dad, which means sometimes we make a little extra time for family. 

To "make up" for losing a workout, we incorporated a nice hike.  I carried the baby and a backpack on the way up, my wife carried our toddler on the way up.  (Our four year old hiked up by himself for the whole 90 minutes- just had to hold our hands!)  On the way down, I carried our exhausted four year old, and tucked our baby into his carrier underneath my coat to protect him from the wind.  We spent about four hours hiking, and the grade was pretty steep.  I tell you my traps have not often been as sore as they were the day after!

Here is a pic of me and two of my boys making our way down the mountain- you can see my baby's legs dangling from under my coat...

Be sure to take a look at Weeks 5 & 6, and Happy Lifting!

No comments:

Post a Comment