Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Almost hitting a lifetime goal!

I seriously need to stop promising to update things each week. Every time I do, it seems like a lot more time goes by before I get the chance to come back to the blog. I'd apologize, but honestly, you guys should be used to it by now right?

Anyway, I hit a pr on the Bench this week. Got 385. Today I went for 405. Didn't get it, BUT I did go down until it was only about 3 inches off my chest, and then I pushed it back up nice and smooth. I had the safety pins in at the normal height too, so if my muscles had given out I wouldn't be stapled to the bench, but I also didn't want any false support like you get when you do partial reps with the pins set higher than normal. Judging by the speed with which it went up (veeeery slowly) I'm guessing it will be a couple weeks yet before I can put 405 up properly, but I am still super stoked. I mean, that is a lifetime goal for me. So to be sooooo close is super exciting.

I won't be competing this saturday, too much work to catch up on. So, I am hoping there is another meet where I can still qualify for this year's state competition, otherwise I will have to miss it, and that would bum me out because I really wanted to start a winning streak.

Also, full disclosure, I have totally messed up my diet. So I gained about 8 pounds and I am sure almost all of it went to my dang waist. Stupid food. Stupid sugar. I swear it's like trying to quit crack or something-- it is soooo hard for me. I'll do good for like three weeks and then a holiday or birthday comes up and I'm like, oh I'll just have a small piece of X-treat. Then the next day I'm like, well, maybe one more day with a cheat snack won't kill me.

THEN BAM! I'm eating junk food nearly every day. Seriously. Stupid will power is not there for me.

Heck-- you know what, let's go see what my waist is right now. I know it's the middle of the day and I have eaten a bunch of food so it's not as accurate as first thing in the morning, but who cares? I'm screwed anyway right?

Let's go...

Well -- that was bloody depressing. Across the navel measurement was 48.5" relaxed and 44" flexed (fully sucked in...)

Well... crap. I knew I ate a bunch of junk food... but I didn't think I had eaten THAT much.

And weighed in at 278.6 ....

yuck.

Well, that goes to show you if you don't take control, write down what you eat, and do your meal prep while taking measurements to make sure you stay on track... you could REALLY blow it.

That's it. I started this post all happy about my strength... and now I'm all mad about my waist.

Stupid food.

But, you know what they say about hitting rock bottom: you can only go up from here!

No comments:

Post a Comment