Monday, May 8, 2017

Nationals is back on...

So almost a month ago, I decided to pull out of nationals due to time and work etc. So, I switched up my training to get leaner (which is working very well by the way- I am staying about the same weight, but losing inches on my waist while maintaining mass in all the right places- I even went to the next notch in on my weight belt last session!).

Well, nationals is back on. Essentially, we couldn't get the hotel to refund the trip, and the airline had a really good flash sale. So... even though I haven't been doing my normal power training for the last several weeks, I am headed to nationals on Thursday. Weigh in on Saturday, and I lift on Sunday.

Not sure if I will set any new PRs, but I am going to shoot for a big deadlift PR. I'm shooting to pull 600 for the first time. As always, I'll take some videos of the meet and post the results. I am very excited- a little nervous about using the wrong routine in the lead up, but excited nonetheless!

No comments:

Post a Comment