Monday, April 17, 2017

Life is what happens while you are making other plans


I hadn't realized so much time has gone by since my last post. I have been working hard on training, albeit there was about a week where everyone in my family got plastered with some sort of nasty cold/flu thing.

Unfortunately, it doesn't look like I will be able to compete in this year's National Championship. There has been a slump in book sales recently, so I just don't have the extra cash or time to take four or five days off and fly to Atlanta. I am super bummed out about it, but I still did win both state and regionals... so I'll just have to focus on defending those titles and maybe next year things will work out better for nationals if I qualify again.

In the meantime, I will update the workout logs soon. Since I am not going to be at nationals I have switched to a program that has given me good results in the past when it comes to trying to slim down. Hopefully I will be down one or two weight classes by September. If I can do that while maintaining my strength levels, then I should be rated even higher than I am now.

It's never fun to miss out on something you have been looking forward to for a long time and working toward, but, at times like this I have to look back and think about how far I have come in just a little over a year, and how much I still have to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment