Monday, January 16, 2017

Look before you leap... or bite, in this case...



   So you know that old joke that asks "What's worse than a worm in your apple?"

   Well, I narrowly avoided discovering what was worse than mold on your protein bar. I hit a light workout today, warmups on the squat and then three sets of 505 (singles and doubles) followed by warmups on the bench press and 2 sets of 325 with chains and then 1 set of 335 with chains. Then I wrapped it up with some light deadlifts at 315 and 405, and some stiff-legged deadlifts at 315.

  I then walked upstairs, feeling happy with my numbers and enjoying the view to the snow-filled backyard. I grabbed my post-workout protein bar, unwrapped it, and started to raise it to my mouth.
Then something told me I should look at the bar.

   This is what I saw:







  Now, I am not going to reveal the brand, because I really like the brand on the whole and this is the first problem I have had in several years... but imagine what would have happened if I had taken a bite.

  Let's be honest- protein bars are never really a joy to eat in the first place. They range in consistency from some sort of chewy, dry puff of something that only resembles chocolate in the sense that both chocolate and the protein bar are dark in color, all the way down to something that likely is a cousin to the plugs you find in your kitchen sink after a heavy Thanksgiving holiday where the smell is intriguingly non-existent and the taste is something that burns your tongue and leaves you wondering whether they used battery acid as a preservative.

   I don't even want to imagine what it would be like to add green fuzz on top...

  On the plus side, I still have weight to lose for my next meet (which is coming up on Feb. 4th) and I think I have found a good appetite suppressant, because after seeing this, I don't really feel hungry at all anymore...

No comments:

Post a Comment