Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Long Time, No Blogging...

I know I have been lax about updating the blog.  Things have been a bit hectic at work.  However, I have not been lazy at the gym.  Minus a weekend vacation this past week, I have been hitting the gym hard with some heavy training sessions.  I pulled back on minor muscle groups and was just training the big three (Bench, Squats, and Deadlifts) plus the Strict Curl.  I discovered that I am close to a world record for the RAW Strict Curl... so I am trying to decide whether to compete in September.  The only problem is that I am not super competitive in the big three lifts... so I might get buried by others in the arena and only win the Strict Curl... plus, when I train heavy I get monstrously hungry.  (I'm talking I will eat a car kind of hungry- just throw some peanut butter on it and give me a glass of milk...) So I have gained a bit of weight in the last couple of weeks that I would rather not own up to.

On the plus side, I have been working sets over 315-350 for bench press, 380-420 for squat, and 400-440 for deadlift, which has all been very beneficial for my ego.  Today I played around with reps and rest periods.  It's a good feeling to be able to Bench 330 pounds for reps while resting at the bottom for a count of one-and-a-half.  No touch-and-go here!

Anyway, here are a couple of pics from our vacation in Italy... :)



No comments:

Post a Comment